Having a Quality Assurance Agreement with FETAC ensures that the Centre of Nurse Education (CNE) is registered to offer programmes leading to FETAC awards. The programmes offered are therefore relevant, comprehensive and in keeping with national and international best practice guidelines.
The programme that is presently on offer is the FETAC Level 5 Health Service SKILLS Award for Healthcare Assistants (HCA’s) from HSE West, including Community Care areas, Intellectual Disabilities and General Healthcare Facilities.
Modules delivered include the following:
- Activities of Living Patient Care Module.
- Care of the Older Person Module.
- Care Skills Module.
- Care Support Module.
- Communications Module.
- Infection Prevention and Control Module.
- Intellectual Disability Studies Module.
- Operating Department Care Skills Module.
- Work Experience Module.
- Workplace Statutory Policies and Procedures Module.
For each of the above modules successfully completed they are given a component certificate. Students who successfully complete 8 modules are awarded a FETAC Level 5 Health Service Skills Certificate.
Since 2003, 251 health care assistants from HSE West, including Community Care areas, Intellectual Disabilities and General Healthcare Facilities have undertaken the course in the CNE in Tallaght, with an 87% success rate.
- FETAC Level 5 Health Service Skills Award Course for Healthcare Assistants
- Preceptorship/Competency Workshop
- Return to Nursing Practice
- Venepuncture and Peripheral Intravenous Cannulation Training programme
- Regional Centre of Nurse Education, HSE (Dublin and Mid-Leinster)
- Centre of Nurse Education Dublin & Mid Leinster Contact Details
- Centre of Nurse Education AMNCH: Misson
- Regional Centre of Nurse Education, HSE (Dublin and Mid-Leinster): Resources
- Allocations Liaison Officer for Undergraduate Nursing General and Children’s General Integrated Degree Programme
- CNE Educational Programmes (Dublin & Mid-Leinster)
- Undergraduate BSc Degree Programmes
- Post Graduate Diploma in Specialist Nursing
- Leading an Empowered Organisation (LEO)